T.A.C.T. 3 is the optimization system for continuous reheating furnaces (for steel production) developed by R.A. SYSTEM
The system is based on a mathematical model of thermal exchange that allows calculating the temperatures of in-furnace products starting from thermocouples measures, from furnace physical structure and from handling events.
The great plus granted by this system is the capability to discharge each product at the desired temperature, that means:
- Reduction of rolling troubles (due to cold or over-heated products);
- Reduction of fuel consumptuion and consequent reduction of emissions;
- Reduction of steel decarb and oxydation;
- Furnace conduction repetition regardless operators' experiences;
- General increase of productivity and quality.
T.A.C.T. 3 is available as single station or in client/server architecture. It can also be supplyed with simulation tools for the set up of mathematical model parameters (typically used to align thermal calculation results with experimental measures obtained from a temperature recorder).
For this system it is avalaible the following documentation (pdf format):